Earlier this week, the Janesville Transit System (JTS) Transfer Center (123 S. River St.) fully reopened to the public following the facility's renovation project. The center's lobby is now available to riders looking to stay warm and dry while waiting for a bus to arrive. The facility's restrooms are also now open for public use.
The renovation project, which began last year, brought significant improvements to the Transfer Center, including:
- Adjustments along the concrete platform for ADA accessibility
- Construction of additional public restrooms
- Major facility component replacement (HVAC, plumbing, concrete paving)
- Refurbishment of the public lobby, bathrooms, and dispatch room
- Improved vandal-resistance
- Roof replacement
The work represents a $1.5 million investment in transit services in downtown Janesville. JTS appreciates the community's patience throughout this project and is excited for its riders to enjoy the improved facility.
For questions, contact JTS at (608) 755-3150.