Organization: City of Wausau Metro Ride Department
Position: Transit Director
Link to Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wausauwi/
Deadline: November 18, 2023
The Transit Director leads and manages the City’s Metro Ride fixed-route bus system available to the general public, and paratransit service. The Director oversees a budget of over $3.7 million and an authorized staff of 32.50.
Candidates should have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, as outlined below:
Find more information here: TransitDirector2023.pdf
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, planning, transportation or closely related field, or any equivalent combination of training and experience that brings the knowledge, abilities, skills and leadership to the delivery of contemporary public transportation services;
- Seven – 10 years of progressively responsible transportation administrative experience, with supervisory experience preferred; and
- The ability to attain and maintain a Class B CDL w/ air brake and passenger endorsement.
- A collaborative and communicative approach to work; a record in maintaining collegial working relationships in a unionized environment is ideal.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- A record of experience that demonstrates the ability to see the "big picture" of how public transportation can dovetail into and enhance the region’s overall community development goals.