Milwaukee, WI, USA Req #121
Friday, November 19, 2021
FLSA Status: Exempt - Non-Represented
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Plans, directs, and coordinates transportation operations related to station supervision, street operations, and ensuring vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements in accordance with established standards and regulations.
- Develops and implements strategic planning for each internal division within the department including Station Supervision, Street Operations, Training, Dispatch and administrative support staff.
- Participates in problem solving, grievance resolution, contract negotiations and other related labor relations activities.
- Implements policies, procedures and standards for the Transportation department.
- Investigates incidents, complaints, and/or accidents for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Handles all Transportation department related disciplinary suspensions, discharges and grievances.
- Recommends hiring of staff, provides or coordinates staff training, works with employees to correct deficiencies, implements discipline procedures and recommends or approves employee terminations.
- Meets with other departments within the organization and outside entities.
- Reviews passenger complaints and commendations and all requests for information relative to the Transportation Department.
- Works closely with the managers in Transportation and Maintenance to ensure the effective assigning, scheduling and dispatching of bus drivers and vehicles.
- Prepares and administers the budget of the Transportation Department.
- Ensures the provision of a high level of service to all passengers.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business Administration or related field required. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
- Seven (7) years of public transportation experience required in a related management role.
- Experience supervising under a collective bargaining agreement preferred.
- Experience in public transportation or similar government structure preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Transit Planning principles and bus schedule preparation.
- Knowledge of Transportation industry trends and best practices.
- Knowledge of budget principals.
- Knowledge of service levels and operating costs.
- Skilled in computer operations and spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and related software.
- Ability to manage conflict and balance competing interests from multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and execute company strategies to attain outcomes for set goals.
- Ability to manage others.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Work is frequently conducted in an office or similar indoor environment relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Incumbent may sometimes be in a street, warehouse, shop or operating station environment or exposed to hostile or irate individuals, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Physical requirements are those described are those described as sedentary work exerting 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Milwaukee County Transit System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age; protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Click Here To Apply