The Customer Service Representative/Telephone Operator provides bus route/schedule information and sells fare media (i.e. bus passes) to DTA customers in a friendly/courteous manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides bus route/schedule information to customers.
- Sells fare media (i.e. bus passes) to customers.
- Accounts for/reconciles daily cash receipts.
- Calculates daily deposits and reconciles with the Cashier.
- Performs required housekeeping duties in maintaining a clean/neat customer service booth and surrounding public-use area.
- Assists in enforcing Duluth Transit Center rules of conduct.
- Informs the Director of Safety & Security of any/all Duluth Transit Center facility/conduct issues and completes timely incident reports as necessary.
- Completes all work tasks in a professional, accurate, and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The performance of the major job functions for this position requires the incumbent to be present at their work setting. Regular, dependable attendance is necessary for the performance of the job duties.
The Duluth Transit Authority reserves the right to assign additional or different duties to employees within this job classification consistent with the changing needs of the Duluth Transit Authority. Any duties described herein are subject to change at any time.
- High School Diploma
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent detail orientation
- Basic PC skills (e.g. MS Office Suite)
- Ability to understand and perform basic stipulated accounting functions
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a telephone, computer, and similar office equipment
The physical requirements listed in this section include, but are not necessarily limited to, the motor/physical abilities and skills required of this position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodation may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
DULUTH TRANSIT AUTHORITY
Now Hiring Telephone Operator/Customer Service Representative
The Duluth Transit Authority is seeking a qualified individual for a Part-Time (25 - 30 hours per week) Customer Service Representative/Telephone Operator position. Candidates must possess outstanding communication skills and be able to work evenings and weekends. This position is primarily based out of the Duluth Transit Center, but will also work some shifts at the DTA Operating Center. Starting pay is $13.50 per hour. Visit www.duluthtransit.com for full information.
An Equal Opportunity Employer